Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vegan Pot Pie

I wanted to share a wonderful, easy and healthy recipe with you.  My mother in law made me this pot pie for Christmas and it is so yummy!  I love the warm, filling feeling when eating casseroles.  They are a great way to get your veggies in and fill you up!!

VEGAN POT PIE

I use about 2 1/2 cups of veggie broth mixed with veggies (carrots, peas, corn, brocoli, potatoes).  Heat that up nicely and then begin to add cornstarch or flour until the thickness you desire is achieved.  I also used a little soy creamer (plain).  Season the filling up with salt, pepper, sage, thyme, marjoram, rosemary and nutmeg. 

Pour the filling into a baking dish and top with a vegan pie crust.  Brush the crust with vegan butter and bake for 30 minutes. 

Let cool and then enjoy!!!!

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment