Thursday, July 22, 2010

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Guest Post by Dr. April Roberson

My cousin in law, April is a chiropractor!  She and I went to college together and studied Exercise and Sport Science and then she went on to Life University to gain her Doctor in Chiropractic.  She is an amazing doctor. She can offer relief as well as great advice on overall health.  April has always been active and healthy and remains that way. 

April opened our eyes to chiropractic.  I never knew much about it, therefore I feared it.  Once I was educated and eased in to it, I realized how much of a necessity it is for a healthy body.  My husband and I try to go regularly and we definitely see a difference.  We love seeing April for her great adjustments!!!  April has her own chiropractic office in Atlanta, Ga.  You can check out her website for great information by clicking on

Here is April and her new hubby Ryan on their wedding day in Mexico!


Read on for some great information from Dr. April Roberson!

Being a doctor of chiropractic, it is important to analyze a person to the fullest.  I start from a physical aspect, checking for structural integrity of the spine and the extremities, muscles tenacity and posture.  Then I move into asking about a person's daily emotional/stress levels.  Finally, I question their diet and water intake.  I like to look at a person as a whole to better serve them while they are under my care. 

Why do I focus on diet and water intake?  Well, many individuals today do not drink enough water.  By water, I mean actual clean water, without additives and other substances.  Sometimes clients tell me that they drink water, but it is the latest soft drink craze or flavored water kick.  I have to quickly bring people back to the basics and fundamentals of water and our bodies. 

Our bodies are primarily made up of water, so to no sustain it, will ultimately cause a spiralling downfall of events that are not healthy.  One, being the discs in our spines are made up of majority water and when dehydrated, our spine and nervous system are compromised.  You are at a greater risk of injury as well.  Lack of water can cause dehydration, headaches, muscle fatigue and decreased energy levels (just to name a few).

You should drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water a day.  So, if you weigh 120 lbs, you need 60 ounces of water a day.  If you are an extremely active person, then you need more.

So drink up, stay healthy and see your chiropractor!!!
 Dr. April Roberson
Harmony Chiropractor Center
Atlanta, Ga

1 comment:

  1. Wow I didn't know that chiropractors focused on water, that's awesome!
    April- omg gorgeous wedding photo in Mexico!!!! I remember when we were in college and Mary and I saw you in your dance performance. It was amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete