Thursday, June 16, 2011

I surrender


This is me waving the white cloth diaper! 

I surrender to pregnancy! 

Before I got pregnant, I always thought I would be super pregnant woman!  I would practice yoga every day and go on walks and bask in the glory of being pregnant!

I tried to keep up my image of being pregnant and the first thing you have to do is realize that I was not  in control anymore.  My baby is in control of my body.  He/She is the most important thing going on right now.  

I can't help that I am exhausted after a walk on the beach.  I can not control my never ending appetite.  Most of all, I can not control my hormones. 

I am not lame because I am too tired to go to yoga class.  I am not boring because I get so tired when hanging out with friends.  I am not lazy or emotional..I AM PREGNANT!

From here on out, I am taking it easy and truly basking in the glory of my pregnancy.  I am going to take much needed rest and time with my husband. 

I am going AWOL until the baby gets here.  Pregnancy, you win.  :)


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy! Enjoy! I loved every minute of my pregnancies (up to labor, of course). It took me six years to get pregnant.
    I'm a new follower from the hop! Hope you'll hop by and visit my blog too!
    Have a great week!
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! I am enjoying it, I just get whiney sometimes! Thanks for reading and I am heading over to your blog right now! Thanks! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!! It's always so great to have more compassionate kids enter the world!! And you voice similar stories to lots of superwomen. We all think we are going to be radiant, glowing, energized, doing yoga, etc....and then our hormones hold us hostage and each day is an unknown with lots of emotions. Enjoy yourself!! I have never been through the process, but I am sure I would NOT be happy the whole time and I am super sensitive to hormonal changes. Hang in there and eat lots of healthy sweets & relax!

    ReplyDelete