Friday, January 21, 2011

Yogic Love Handles

Love handles are a cute little pet name for the flab that hangs over your jeans.  The name doesn't fool me though, I do not LOVE them.

I used to not have them, but as I age they seem to appear.  Some days they are gone, some days they are here.  If I wear really tight fitting jeans, they will definitely come out to play.  So how come I have them even though I am active and eat a healthy diet?  How do I have yogic and vegan love handles?!

I may not have an answer to why they are on my body, but that is ok.  I work to love my body no matter what it looks like on the outside.  Yoga makes me strong inside and out.  My lifestyle makes me compassionate enough to love myself. With that on my side, bring on the love handles...I can take it!  I strive to be the heatlhiest I can be and strong and limber to allow me to live my fullest life.  If that doesn't mean that I will be a size two and have a six pack, that is OK!   I practice to let it go so that other things may come.

"Do your practice and all is coming" -Sri K Patthabi Jois


If we want to have true happiness, we need to know how to be contented with where we are, who we are, what we are and how we are at this present moment now
It is about accepting ourselves as we are at this present moment now

If we are not happy with ourselves, how can we be happy with everything else in life and in the world? 



What do Yoga meditation and a vegan chocolate cake have in common?

 They each bring you a piece of heaven.






No comments:

Post a Comment