Friday, August 26, 2011

Wellness during Pregnancy

I know I whine a lot about being pregnant!  I am tired, I have back pain and this ever growing belly is getting harder to lug around. 

BUT....man it would be worse if I didn't exercise! 
 
I have always been active and LOVE being fit.  I didn't expect to stop that routine when I got pregnant!  It has been difficult at times, but I go! 
 
Naturally, your muscles soften to allow for the belly to grow and you are advised to take precautions when lifting, exercising, etc.  But when done in a smart, safe way, exercise is a necessity during pregnancy.  Just trust your body and do what feels good.
 
My cousin-in-law is a chiropractor in Atlanta, GA.  She has been working with a lot of pregnant woman and works closely with a group called the Atlanta Birth Coalition.  This is an amazing organization that helps educate and support pregnant woman on holistic birthing and pregnancies!  It is a great resource where ever you live!  Visit the site to see how you can help bring a birth center to Atlanta!  Birthing centers are very important and allow babies to come in the world naturally and peacefully!
 
Chiropractic care is wonderful too!  As I learned more from April about chiropractic care, my husband and I began seeing a doctor.  I used to suffer from head aches often.  I had them so much, I just got "used" to them.  After seeing a chiropractor, my head aches have gone away.  It is amazing to me as I have literally had them my whole life!  I don't get sick either, not even a cold! Keeping proper alignment in my body helps my systems work as they should.  Please check out April's website; Harmony Chiropractic for more information on chiropractic as a wellness necessity!
 
Check out April's most recent blog on Exercising while pregnant!!! 
 
Just as a women’s heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth.


— Virginia Di Orio

2 comments:

  1. Mary, That's so awesome that you've continued to exercise throughout your whole pregnancy. I wish I could say the same; health complications arose with mine and at 13 weeks I am just now allowed to resume my routine. I feel like I lost everything!

    Do you do mainly yoga or do you also lift weights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga!!! I practice Jivamukti. Before pregnancy, I only did yoga. Very challenging practice! Good luck to you and thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete