Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Love


Harmony among people of all races and religions. 

We are all one!

"Truth is One, Paths are Many"- Sri Swami Satchidananda


What is the difference between the word "religion" and the word  "spirituality?"

Spirituality has to do with one's interior life, the ever-evolving understanding of one's self and one's place in the cosmos—humankind's "search for meaning." Religion is the organizational structure we give to our individual and collective spiritual processes: the rituals, doctrines, prayers, chants, and ceremonies, and the congregations that come together to share them. 


I grew up in a religous household and my mind was closed to one thought and belief.  As I grew older and more educated, I opened my mind to see the bigger picture.  I realized that I could broaden my horizons and see what other teachings are out there and figure out what makes sense to me.  It is good not to shelter yourself in a big world! The best part about being human is our minds.  We have the ability to hear many teachings and beliefs and can filter what we agree with or not.   Imagine if we all broke through the stereotypes and rules of what religion should be and just believed and followed God; The God that lives in each of our hearts. 

 There would be a lot less fighting and wars over religion. 

We are all one:  People come in all shapes, sizes, colors, beliefs, ethnicities, etc.  We must love and care for all beings as God loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment